Saturday, June 6, 2009

Welcome!

Hello fam and friends!

Since graduating in December, many of you have been asking about my plans. I created this blog to help field some of those questions and (hopefully) keep myself honest to some of the goals and promises I have made to myself and others. I hope to update it regularly, but feel free to get on my case if I start slacking. Hopefully it will help me keep the people I love a little more in the loop on where I am being led in life and some of the joys and sorrows that are bound to come with that journey.

First things first, a recap of some recent travels:

-Spent a few weeks visiting Cousin Jill and Grandma Kline in Arizona. Between bumming around the art scene, getting incredibly sunburned, and visiting old labyrinths and churches, I was pretty much in heaven. Plus a man who was well into his 80's proposed to me. What more could I ask for?


- Traveled to DC for the 100 days campaign against torture. On April 30th, 62 folks of all ages (including yours truly) were arrested in front of the white house as they nonviolently demonstrated in orange jumpsuits and black hoods as symbols of the men still being held at Guantanamo Bay. The "case" is still open and I will be traveling back to DC for arraignment/processing at the end of this month. I will post a reflection on the experience soon...


- Went with Jake to MN for a wedding/to visit friends. Unfortunately, I had to meet Jake's real girlfriend, pictured at left. She's definitely cuter, but does she know how to spell Mississippi or multiply fractions? Probably not. I've got her beat.



And now, I am on my way to being a legit resident of Detroit. Here are a couple photos of the new garden, with more on the way:


More on Detroit to come soon. Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. Can you really multiply fractions? I would like a demonstration on the subsequent post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like you, Anna Springer. NPR's Speaking of Faith is regarding torture and democracies.... I just listened to it last night and really appreciated the speaker's thoughts. Check it out!

    Love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited you're blogging! Can't wait to hear about your adventures!!

    xoxo
    leslie

    ReplyDelete